www.hulu.com – How to fix Hulu error code 504
A lot of people love the fantastic features and services that the Hulu app offers to all of its customers. Due to its compatibility with all streaming devices, it is simple to access. However, when trying to access content using the Hulu app, some users could run into error 504.
In this case, the 504 Gateway Timeout error only signifies that one of the application servers won’t be able to promptly receive a response from another server. We recognize your frustration because a large number of users have been experiencing the same problem. As a result, this article will simply provide a list of tested fixes for the aforementioned error code to assist you in fixing it.
HOW TO FIX HULU ERROR CODE 504
- The HTTP status code 504 merely indicates that your internet service isn’t functioning properly, which is why you get this error code on your TV screen. This particular Hulu connection issue typically results from a web server failing to establish a connection with another server. This problem has primarily two causes: either your utilizing server is overwhelmed with awaiting requests, or it may be undergoing maintenance. You can use the troubleshooting advice provided here.
Solution #1: Check Your Internet Connection
- First, be careful to turn off your internet connection.
- You must remove all significant devices connected to your present network in the following step.
- Exit all running programs at this point, and don’t forget to reset your device.
- Verify that the modem or router is situated close to the device from which you are accessing the Hulu app.
- Then, after a brief delay, reconnect your Wi-Fi network to all of the removed devices. Additionally, you can use an Ethernet cable to connect your Hulu-compatible device directly to the network.
Solution #2: Refresh the Active Web Page
- Error 504 is a short-term issue that can be quickly resolved by simply reloading the website. Simply use the F5 key as a shortcut to reload the page.
- On the other hand, the address bar also has a refresh icon, which you may use to reload the page.
Solution #3. Clear the Web Browser’s Cache
- On your computer or smartphone, use the Chrome browser.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, select the More menu icon (which resembles the three horizontal dots).
- Select the Clear Browsing Data option after selecting More Tools from the drop-down menu.
- After following the preceding instructions, you must now select a time from the top menu.
- Select the data Browsing history, and Cached images and files after tapping the checkbox next to Cookies.
- Simply select the Close the window option after selecting the Clear Data option.
- Finally, try restarting your device and opening the Hulu app to see if the issue is fixed.
Solution #4. Make Sure to Use the Updated Hulu App Version
- Go to the Microsoft Store area first. Here, you must click on the three dots that are visible in the window’s upper right corner.
- Next, select Downloads and Updates from the menu, then select Get updates from the button’s drop-down list.
- Wait a while for the process to finish successfully.
- Launch the app after the update to check the status of the errors.
Solution #5. Perform Power Cycle
- Consider doing a power cycle on your device to improve the streaming setting and accelerate the resolution of the issue.
- You must first switch off your device to complete the procedures, then you must wait a few minutes before turning it back on.
Solution #6. Check the Hulu App Server Status
- Check the Hulu server status to verify sure you are not the source of the issue. The easiest way to find the true cause of the issue is to contact Hulu customer service and request a fix.
Solution #7. Format and Restart Your Device
- Restarting the device on which the Hulu app is installed will occasionally assist in rapidly resolving the issue. Your device should be restarted to solve any temporary problems.
Solution #8. Reinstall the Hulu Application
- Installing a new version of the Hulu app is always the best option if none of the methods given above help you fix the error code 504 issue with your Hulu app.
Conclusion: To continue streaming when the error code 504 unexpectedly appears, all you need to do is adhere to the suggestions made above.